of the Largest Independent Steel Company
President of the Largest Gas Company
President of the New Stock Exchange
A Member of the President's Cabinet
Great Bear of Wall Street
Head of the World's Largest Monopoly
President of the Bank of International Settlement
These certainly should be considered the World's most successful men.
At least, they found the secret of making money. Now some 40 years
later, where are these men?
1. The President of the Largest Steel Company, Charles Schae, died
2. The President of the Largest Gas Company, Howard Hopson, is now
3. The President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney,
was released from Sing Sing Prison.
4. The Member of the President's Cabinet, Alber Fall, was pardoned
and released to die at home.
5. The Greatest Wheat Speculator, Arthur Cooton, died abroad, insolvent.
6. The Greatest Bear of Wall street, Gesse Rivermore, died a suicide.
7. The Head of the World's Largest Monopoly, Ivar Kreuger, The Match
King, died a suicide.
8. The President of the Bank of International Settlement shot himself.
The same year, 1923, the winner of several of the most important
Golf Championships, Gene Sarazan, won the U.S. Open and the P.G.A.
Tournament. Today, he is still going strong, still plays an excellent
game of golf, and is solvent.
Conclusion: Stop worrying about business and go play Golf.
This letter originated
in The Netherlands, has been around the
world four times, bringing good luck to everyone who has passed it on.
The one who breaks the chain will have bad luck.
Do not keep this letter.
Do not send money. Just have your
secretary make 4 copies. Send this letter and the four copies to five
of your friends to whom you wish good luck. You will see that some-
thing good happens to you four days from now. If you do not break the
chain. One man received a large amount of money only to lose them
after breaking the chain. This is no joke, you will receive good luck
in four days time.
Put your name at the bottom of this list, leaving the top name off,
and mail the original and 4 copies to your five friends to whom you
wish good luck.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX C.F. Mathiesen
Odd Grendahl G. Bröndmo jr.
Birger Wist G. Björge
Erik Vestby Sv. H. Skagemo
Henri Sjöstedt O. J. Willums
John Andresen Einar Johannessen
Stein Grathen ,Norwegen
The Paper Chain Letter Archive-
information. Chain Letter
Evolution - a history.